Sunday, July 20, 2008

From Todd Gambling '68

Todd Gambling here...I remember a lot of great times at Potsdam High.... got started in photography there, which I'm still involved in, and got to play in a rock band...still doing that too (www.thelids.org I'm the old geezer at the bottom of the pic). Left Potsdam when my family moved to Chapel Hill NC in the mid 70's. By that time, I had completed my training in electron microscopy, and have worked at Duke and Carolina (UNC) ever since.Been married over 30 years now and have three adult children: Liza is a costume maker in Hollywood, Meghan is a writer in Hollywood and Barre is Metal guitarist/construction worker in Raleigh NC (www.daylightdies.com for you Heavy Metal fans).The rugged, isolated and beautiful North Country makes good people, and I feel very fortunate to have grown up there. Will not make the reunion, but greetings to youall.

1 comment:

Martha Hartle said...

Hi Todd, Wish you could bring The Lids to Potsdam - perfect music for dancing Friday night. I would have recognized you from your photo, I think. Although we have changed, the "high school" look is still with us :) Hopefully, we'll see you at our 50th. --Martha