Monday, July 21, 2008

From Mary Ellen Goulden Campbell '68

Hello to my fellow classmates, I'm sorry I won't be in Potsdam to join you for this momentous 40th Class Reunion. After spending most of my 58 years in Potsdam, I recently moved to Lancaster, California to be closer to my daughter, Melissa and her husband Greg. While I'm still making adjustments with the move, I am grateful to to be near family. Drop me a line or if you are in the area, stop by. My contact information is provided below.





My son, Johnny and wife Denise live in Pennsburg, PA. They have a daughter, Abbey. My first grandchild, what a joy grandchildren are. Here's a picture of us together.






















I've lived in Potsdam for most of my life after high school, my MS mostly keeping me close to home, except in May of 2004, when my friends from PCS class of 1968 offered to help me get to my son's wedding in Gorey, Ireland.


Linda Frank McDonald and Linda Hobson Albrecht journeyed with me to help celebrate the wedding. We spent a week in Ireland, touring the countryside. Hobson was our chauffeur and Frankie the co-pilot. (Lots of 'curb alerts'). I was the backseat driver, say no more. We saw so many beautiful things, memories I'll cherish forever. Truly a dream come true.







Before we left Potsdam, we formed a Redhat Society group named the Sandstoner Redhats. We took our colors and alma mater seriously and found another group of redhatters in Ireland (a whole bus of them) from Florida, USA, of all things.



I'll be thinking of you all. Please keep in touch. My sunny California address is:
44445 N. 15th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93534
Phone (Private Line) 661-726-1300
E-mail: meg2mec@verizon.net


Mary Ellen Goulden Campbell Class of 1968

1 comment:

Martha Hartle said...

Wow! All 3 of you look great, and I love Frankie's hair. I still plan to visit Ireland, a life-long desire. Hopefully, travel expense and air delays were be better soon. It's great to "see" the three of you. Keep an eye on the blog, Mary Ellen. Hopefully, posts will continue AFTER the reunion.