Monday, July 14, 2008

From Marcia Stoddard Bradley '68


Dear Classmates,

I have had an amazing time talking with old classmates while planning this reunion! Talk about stirring up old memories! To date, we have about 40 classmates coming to the get-together on Friday night and the same number for the dinner/dance on Saturday night. We have classmates coming from as far as Croatia, Colorado, Florida, and California, just to name a few. I might add, some of the people attending on Friday are not coming on Saturday and some of the people attending on Saturday are not coming on Friday, so it will be a different crowd both nights. It’s not too late to get in touch with me if you decide you would like to go. abradle4@twcny.rr.com is my email address and 315-265-6724 is my phone number.

Many of you are talking about grandchildren and posting pictures on this blog, so I decided to add some information myself.

My husband Alan and I have three children, Derek, age 37; Heather, almost 32; and Alicia, almost 27. Derek is married to a wonderful woman, Jamie, and they bought Alan’s parents’ home in Colton, NY. Derek manages a furniture store and Jamie is a social worker. Heather works for Air Force ROTC at Clarkson University and she also lives in Colton. She has a little boy, Cayden, who is 7 years old. Being a grandmother is absolutely amazing and having them live so close is an added bonus. We are able to baby sit quite often. Alicia lives in Manlius, NY (just outside of Syracuse). She is a physical therapist and works for a private practice in East Syracuse. Alan retired from National Grid almost five years ago and loves every minute of retirement. He does consulting for a company out of Syracuse and works about 8 weeks out of the year. He also teaches an electrical distribution class to adults at BOCES every fall. I retired from Clarkson University three years ago and I have a very part-time job at St. Lawrence University. I work about 19 hours a week, 9 months a year, for the University Chaplain. I love my job!

We enjoy spending our summers on the water at Higley Flow. It’s a great place for our family and friends to get together and relax.
I am looking forward to seeing many of you in a few weeks!

Marcia Stoddard Bradley