Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


Hi everyone and Happy New Year from Martha Hartle to all members of the PCS Class of '68! Although we all know we are not getting older but better, this year marks our 40th year since graduating from Potsdam High School in 1968.

I've decided to begin this blog, which I hope will gather momentum and postings so that we can keep everyone in touch and up to date. As well, I hope we can use the blog as our main means of sharing information about our next Reunion. It's an easy way to share news and links. Mail or e-mail your favorite photos to me and I will post them on the blog.







First, let me share some personal updates. Most importantly, I am now a Grandmother (known as Bammie - my family's nickname for grandmother). Ben was born on November 1, 2007. My daughter Angela and her husband Keith are the proud parents.






I live in Hartford, CT and am an administrator at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center http://www.stfranciscare.org/


Angela, Keith and Ben live nearby and my son, Brad, lives in South Carolina. I own a condo just down the street from the Hospital. I've been in CT (since 2004) after spending one year in Boston.


Son Brad and his nephew Ben are pictured at right.







Four generations of Hartles -- Martha, Angela, Ben, and Gervise, my Dad. (My Mom passed away in 1999.)













I hope to keep in touch with many of you and that we can build a thorough directory of our classmates so that we can include them in our Reunion plans. All you need to do is subscribe to "Blogger" so that you can share information with all of us. Subscribing is simple and free. All you need to do is enter your e-mail address and a password when you are prompted before posting your first "comment." Please try it and encourage others to do the same. For those folks not using e-mail, ask them for their home address and phone number so that we can contact them.

Also check out http://www.potsdam.k12.ny.us/HS/ and click on "Alumni." We will be posting Reunion information there, as well. More to come soon, including a SAVE THE DATE.

No comments: